American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

White Box Stove?

Tinny, of Mini Bull Design recently posted a review on YouTube of the White Box Stove. I had heard nothing about this stove until I read AktoMan's blog which linked to Tinny's video.



Now, I've been able to do some research and have found the stove available on eBay for $20 US plus shipping. The stove is made out of an aluminum bottle instead of a soda can and has thicker walls which should make it a bit more robust than the run of the mill soda can stove.

I've made several soda can stoves and even own two or three from Tinny. I know what they can, and can't, handle. For a day in the woods, however, they're just about perfect. The thicker walls intrigue me and the top of the bottle is used as the inside wall which gives you a taper and, apparently, an easier way to monitor just how much fuel you've added.

Anyway, I'm going to have to do some more research and then give this stove a closer look.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home