American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Windshirt

I got a PCU Level 4 Windshirt today in the mail. I first wrote about the PCU several months ago here on the blog and it has taken me this long to order one. Since the first writing, the PCU has been replaced by the MCU and the new Level 4 Windhirt is a full-zip jacket with some other improvements. I, however, wanted the anorak-style PCU Level 4 jacket and it was on sale.

The windshirt is good for layering over a thermal (fleece/wool) layer. It's 100% nylon and comes in a brownish-greenish color somewhere between khaki and OD. I really like it.

I'm working on a fairly restrictive budget right now and this windshirt is one of the only things I've purchased since the first of the year and I have to say I'm extremely satisfied with my choice.

I hope to get out into some wind tomorrow or over the weekend to see just how well it works.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home