American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Losing my mind

It's been a circus around here today.

I've been unable to leave, had guys on the roof all day, had a dumpster dropped off, had plywood dropped in front of the dumpster, had a guy pull a pane of glass from the 50-foot long skylight in my living room, had my dad show up, and have been on the phone all day with various contractors and workers regarding various aspects of a project I've somehow managed to get myself into...

It's been more than a little difficult to come up with something worth writing about. I've only been online about 10 minutes all day.

The house is getting a new roof and gutters, the skylight is being reglazed, the drywall will be repaired (nail pops caused by people walking all over the roof,) and then the inside and outside will be painted all in preparation for putting my house on the market April 1st of this year.

THIS is why I'm not getting much time in the woods. Weekends are spent preparing for the circus that'll make this current circus look like a day in the woods...

Wish me luck,

B

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Pablo said...

Hope all goes well and as stress free as possible. If too stresed, sit down, have a cup of tea and dream of laying in a hammock!
I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.
Pablo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home