American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Skeet

Today was spent at the range shooting two rounds of skeet. This is similar to sporting clays (multiple stations, 24 targets.)

Two things I learned today. 50 rounds through a shotgun can beat you up a bit. I am NOT a great shot. This second lesson was certainly true for the muzzleloader but I had hoped it would prove false with the shotgun--no such luck.

The Swanndri Ranger Extreme worked like a champ out there. It was in the 40s with a very slight breeze and the windproof membrane worked as advertised. I've been in colder weather for longer durations with the Ranger Extreme so I knew this would be a piece of cake but it's still good to know that my previous experiences have been accurate.

All in all a fun day. I look forward to having a few more of them.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home