American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Where Has He Been?

Yeah, I know posting has become sporadic again...been busy.

I rode my bike 102 miles on Sunday, started swimming again after nearly 15 years on Friday, and have done a few short distance runs (2.5 miles give or take) to mix it up.

I already switched out the Swamp Warden for my Sebenza (old habits and all that) and things are finally settling back to our version of normal around here.

The kids busted out the hammocks yesterday and I showed them how to hang them and also how to put them away.  Now they can do it without my assistance (mostly) and they've picked their favorite spots to do some reading in the afternoon before practicing their instruments.

Oh, the craziest thing I've done since my last post is to get rid of cable.  No more TV in this house.

Too much time spent in front of the TV with too little on made the kids zombies and it had to go.

It's 6:30 in the morning, I've already been swimming, had my first cup of coffee, and nobody in the house is up yet but me.

Ah...peace and quiet.

Think I'll go start some laundry--because I'm a super exciting kind of guy.  :)

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you're back. I always enjoy reading your work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home