American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Today is the Day!

Finally!

After the postponement several months ago, we're finally going camping.

I have a packing list for the overnight but haven't had much opportunity to do much packing yet so today will be a bit of a scramble to get what we need.

Fortunately, the campsite is only a few miles from here so if there's anything we forget we could retrieve it if it's essential.

I have plans to teach the boys what I can around the firepit but it's sounding like we're pretty well scheduled from start to finish so I don't know how many opportunities will arise. We're going to give it a try though.

I hope to have tons of pictures and video to share with you in the coming days. I've got some gear to test while we're out including Ray Laconico's Unscandi Knife, SwissBianco's Firesteel Farmer, and my new ML Knives Coffin Striker/Necklace.

See you all tomorrow,


B

2 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Anonymous FireSteel.como said...

This reminds me of what some of the old-timers do when mounting a long expedition: camp out the first day just a a few miles from home. Then you can discover what things have been forgotten and can easily go back for them.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I can't wait to get my kids outside to do some camping, bushcraft and and have some fun learning basic camping skills

 

Post a Comment

<< Home