American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cache Lake Country

Jake has needed to be challenged for quite some time.

Today I gave him his very own copy of Rowlands' Cache Lake Country and we're now going to begin reading it together.

This book ranks very high on my lifetime favorites list and I hope he enjoys it as much as I have the number of times I have read it.

Thanks for reading,


B

5 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cache Lake Country is one of my favorites too. I stumbled across it at the University of Idaho Library when I was getting my B.A. I forgot my library card so I went back the following week to check it out but it was gone. On my way out the door I noticed a table full of books being sold. Guess which book I got for 75 cents...

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Deoje said...

Really awesome book. I found a cheap used copy and flew through it. If I could get caught up on my other reading I would like to read it again.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger sam said...

It's a great book.
Has he read "Hatchet" or any of the books in that series?

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

We got through the first page last night.

I don't think he's hooked yet but I'm hoping he will be soon.

Sam, this is the first "real" book he's read. He's still only 6 and most of the books they give him at school are still mostly picture books.

Nobody has challenged him academically yet so I'm kicking the difficulty up several notches.

He didn't miss a beat on what he did read last night other than proper names which even I have a tough time with in this book. :)

Thanks,

B

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That book is one of my favorites as well, the illustrations are darn nice!

I agree with sam acw - HATCHET is also a good read. As is MYS SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home