American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, April 26, 2010

Spen's a Knife Designer

Spen of JRE Industries has designed a knife--several, actually. He's had prototypes made up and I grabbed one to bring home today after meeting him for lunch.

Here's the problem.

I can't put it down.

Laura said, "It's cooool!" when she saw it and I have to agree.

It's got a name and I could give you specs on it but I think it's staying very hush hush for now. Just know that when you hear me tell you that his knife is being made in significant numbers, you might well want to check it out.

I'm going to be testing the heck out of this one as time allows and will be reporting back but I'm afraid there won't be any pictures of the actual knife or sheath system for a while.

Here's what I can tell you for now:

1. It's full tang.
2. It has Loveless Bolts (or are they corbys) holding on the green canvas micarta slabs
3. It appears to be Scandi Ground
4. It appears to be Carbon Steel

This is a pretty exciting opportunity to learn about a knife I have in hand but have very little hard data on other than what I can observe from personal experience.

Let's figure it all out together shall we?

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Deoje said...

That sounds like the exact knife I have been trying to find. Hope to see more of it on the blog soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home