American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, September 10, 2007

Chicago Custom Knife Show

This past weekend was the Chicago Custom Knife Show down in Arlington Heights and I went down to pick up a piece from Rick Nowland, to meet Christine Simonich of Simonich Knives, and to say hello to Dan and Spen of JRE Industries.

While I was there I had an opportunity to talk with several makers who I've been watching including Robert Rossdeutscher of RNR Knives, J.P. Miller, and Daniel Winkler who hasn't yet made a knife or tomahawk that I didn't like.

I placed an order for another piece from Rick Nowland to go with my new Two-Blade Dogleg Jack, convinced Daniel Winkler to make me something this year, and will probably be back in touch with Robert Rossdeutscher in the VERY near future to finish working on some designs we hashed out during the show. Yeah, it was an expensive weekend...

One other maker who deserves a mention here is Jim Krause. He's a guy I've talked about in the past and will continue to talk about. He's relatively new to the knifemaking scene but he's an accomplished woodcarver and that artistic skill comes through in his knifemaking. He made me a linerlock folder last year that's been all over and in all kinds of messes and it still looks fantastic. He was happy to see it and I was happy to show it to him.

I'm really looking forward to next year's show already!!!

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger The Suburban Bushwacker said...

How about doing a post of your entire knife collection. Or if blogger dosn't support files that big (wink) how about posting them by type?
Best wishes
SBW

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

:) It's not that big (any more.)

I've gotten rid of some of the "fluff" in my collection and have quite a few hard users still hanging around as they're worthless to everyone else and priceless to me.

The collection is ever-changing and any pictures I've ever taken have quickly become outdated by some new arrival or departure...

One of these days I'll get things dialed in. (Boy, I hope not...)

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home