American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Beans72's Buckwheat Pillows

Wow! I got one a king-size buckwheat pillow from Beans72's eBay Store and slept on it for the first time last night.

I had heard about her from Kevin Finney at the Briar Patch class. He was using one inside the conical bark house and it was dramatically better than the rolled up fleece I was using.

My pillow weighs 15 pounds and is absolutely wonderful. It is both hard and soft all at the same time. After sleeping funny on my down pillow the night before last the new "harder" pillow was most welcome.

The literature I got with my pillow claims that the buckwheat will "break-in" at approximately one year and the more polished hulls with better comform to my contours. That sounds great.

Anyway, give them a look. I don't know if buckwheat pillows are for everyone but the one I just received is certainly an improvement over the broken-down down pillow I've been using.

Thanks for reading,


B

7 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just wondering if you're still enjoying your buckwheat pillow. Thinking of getting one of these.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Absolutely!

I'm leaving for a weekend trip tomorrow and if it didn't weigh 16 pounds (that's the King Size pillow) I'd throw it in my pack.

I'm thinking seriously about getting a smaller travel pillow that I can take with me camping.

Thanks for your comment,


B

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll be upgrading from one of those As Seen On TV buckwheat pillows and I'm definitely going to get the one from Beans72.

Thanks again!

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it's me again :) I am trying to decide between the queen size or the king size pillow. Can you tell me how well it fits in a king size pillow case? Thanks

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Mine fits perfectly inside a standard king size pillow case. In fact, I simply pulled the old feather pillow out of the case and put the buckwheat pillow in its place.

Remember that the buckwheat is going to lay differently than a feather pillow. This is an issue when making the bed as my pillow sags more than my wife's feather pillow and it looks a bit funny to my eye.

Not a big deal but something to keep in mind.

B

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the reply. We do have a kingsize bed and pillows but I just wanted to make sure it would fit the case well so that's why I was debating whether to get the king or queen. I think I'll go with the king.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I think you'll be pleased with the buckwheat pillow. I haven't had a stiff neck since I laid one on my bed.

I think I'm going to order a small travel pillow just so I can have the support of buckwheat whenever I go camping.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home