American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Is it really Friday the 13th?!

Funny that my bad luck came yesterday on the more innocuous Thursday the 12th.

It had been snowing for 15 or 20 minutes (the first of the year) and the roads were a little slick. A car in front of me spun around across three lanes and managed to avoid not only all the other drivers but any other obstacles as well.

I got my new van stopped. The girl behind me didn't. Contact.

Nobody was injured and both cars were driveable with little cosmetic damage.

Now, instead of spending my Friday the 13th in the woods, I'll be spending the day with insurance adjusters, body shop repairmen, service technicians, etc. Fun.

The actual incident took less than 5 seconds to play out from the first car's spin to the contact with my car and then it took the rest of the day to fill out police reports, talk to my insurance company, talk to her insurance company, schedule appointments, etc.

So this Friday the 13th I'll be doing my best to avoid any bad luck and, if I'm really creative with my schedule, may find some time to get into the woods for a short hike. I've been carrying a box of gear in the back of the van for a few days because impromptu hiking is not an uncommon event in my life. If I can find an interesting piece of woodland I may very well stop the car, hop into the woods, and explore for a bit.

Thanks for reading,

B

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of the accident. At least no-one was hurt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home