American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Got the Clikstand

Got the Clikstand in yesterday's mail. I must say it's very well put together.

The first thing I did upon receipt was to assemble the unit following the included step-by-step instructions. Easy. Then I grabbed a wire hanger, some wire cutters, and a pair of needle-nose pliers and made myself some small pot adapters in case I wanted to use something like my 10cm Billy Can instead of the 12cm that will rest right on the built-in pot supports.

The windscreen and four-piece clikstand nest inside my 12cm Zebra Billy easily along with my commercial Trangia burner (smaller in diameter than the Military version.) I've also tossed in a 2oz. bottle of denatured alcohol (meths) to run the burner.

This setup is, at present, the one I'll tote around with me on a daily basis. The ability to heat up water or soup regardless of location is something that could come in handy now that the weather has cooled off. Soccer practice, a trip to the zoo, a walk in the park, or set up in a parking lot, I'll be able to brew up a cup of tea or coffee, warm up some soup, fry up a couple of sausages, or even prepare a full freeze-dried meal. Handy.

Of course, the Crusader does have one thing this setup does not--the ability to carry the water within the unit. That's a handy thing and something I'll be looking at in more depth down the road...

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home