American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, December 12, 2013

My Kuksa

My kuksa smells like coffee and coconut oil…

Where else but here would you ever hear such a thing? :)

The return to "bushcraft phase" means a return to some of the old bits of kit I have neglected in the past couple of years including my kuksa. It needed a bit of attention to bring it back to its former glory but a few coffees and some coconut oil have it back to where it should be in a day.

As a matter of fact, I pulled out a block of maple that I've had sitting around and started laying out another kuksa pattern and even started the first rough cuts on it yesterday.

I don't know when I'll find the time to sit down and work on it but having the first few saw cuts made will help keep me committed to the project.

I don't honestly know how long this "phase" will last but I figure I'll just ride the wave as long as I can and keep writing as long as I have things to write. Hopefully you'll come along for the ride.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home