American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Getting in the Hunting Mood

For some reason, I'm getting into the hunting mood this morning. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's my internal season clock telling me that it's time to get ready. Maybe it's the increasing number of deer I'm seeing along the roadside and in the woods.

I don't know for sure but I can tell you that I'm starting to lay out gear and think about doing the work to improve my odds come late November.

Sarah scratched my cornea in my dominant eye a few weeks ago and it has impaired my ability to see the front post on my muzzleloader but I've got a Leupold scope that's been sitting in a cabinet for the past two years so it might well be time to mount it up and see if it makes it easier to see down field.

I've got to hit the range to see just how impaired the eye is.

I'm also working on my pack to make sure I've got what I might need and taking out what I don't. Last year was a real learning experience so I'll do my best to pass along what I'm keeping and what I'm getting rid of this year.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home