American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sore Throat?

My cold has turned into a nasty outbreak of strep throat as of this morning and the doctor has confirmed this. Now I'm on antibiotics for 10 days.

I haven't eaten anything but a half cup of tomato soup last night and about 10 cups of tea with honey. My throat's just too sore and I've got no appetite.

Today I found this site with a no-nonsense approach to stopping those sore throats before they turn into something worse. They've even got some videos posted on YouTube describing the technique.

I'm trying some salt on my tonsils as I type this hoping to let the infection know that I'll stop at nothing to beat it.

What's nice about this technique, if it works as well as advertised, is its simplicity. You can get packets of salt from nearly any fast food joint that'll be more than enough to give yourself a dose.

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger Wildcat said...

let me know how it works. next time i get a sore throat i'll try it.

wildcat

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I think I was probably too far gone already for this treatment to work. My tonsils were red, swollen, and covered with slime by the time I figured I needed a trip to the doctor.

I tried it but it didn't seem to do much for me.

B

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger backcountrybowhunter said...

Yukon Jack was always my mom's sore throat treatment of choice... just a few drops allowed to dribble down the back of the throat numbed things up real nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home