American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, March 23, 2009

Contest Time!

Okay readers, it's time for the first official American Bushman Custom Firesteel Contest!

Between now and the end of April I'd like you to consider making up a custom firesteel and sending me a picture. I'm working on a couple including one with an antler handle and one with a cork handle that I'll get finished and posted here in the next couple of days.

I'll compile all the pictures into a gallery and then we'll vote on the best firesteel at the end of next month. The winner will get, on my dime, a full custom sheath from JRE Industries. It could be for your favorite knife, axe, multi-tool, or something else.

Now, if you need a firesteel rod you can get them from Dan and Spen at JRE. Just mention the blog and they'll hook you up with a special price. ;)

Here's the rub: I want at least ten people to participate to make this interesting. So, tell your friends, mention it on the forums, write about it on your blogs. You can enter more than one firesteel but I need at least ten PEOPLE to get this thing off the ground.

Even if you don't walk away with a free full custom leather sheath you'll end up with a full custom firesteel made with your own hands and that's got to be worth something.

So, get creative...

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea!
Very generous of you.
You should have my pictures in the mail.

Anders

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger backcountrybowhunter said...

Good idea. I bet there will be some interesting creations! Is there a limit of one firesteel?

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

No limits. :)

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home