American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finished!

I have finally finished with the deer meat.

I ended up with 33 pounds of ground meat (not far from my initial estimate several days ago) and about 40 pounds of roasts, steaks, and stir fry meat.

I'm tired. :)

I had to run down to JRE last night to get Dan's help after I killed my meat grinding attachment for the Kitchen-Aid stand mixer. Their customer service was NOT helpful and left me feeling like I'd done something wrong (their warranty policy is void in case of user error or accident) but it all ended up alright.

It turns out the boys got a new grinder that churns out 5 pounds of ground meat faster than mine would do 1/4 pound and even my fingers wouldn't have slowed this monster down. Grinding tired is probably a very bad idea when using something as powerful as this. A mistake could have permanent consequences.

It all turned out fine though. No digits were removed and the bags of meat have now been portioned into 1 pound bags, vacuum sealed, and frozen.

Up next: Finding a bow. There's still two months of archery season.

Now I'm off to play outside with the kids. I need a break from the inside of the garage...

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger old man neill said...

I know what's for dinner for the next few months! :)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I'll bet you're right. :)

Recipes coming soon.

Tonight is left-overs and tomorrow night venison chili to celebrate the weather!

Thanks for your comment,

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home