American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Movin' Out

Tonight's the night. I'm moving out--out of the house and into the hammock.

I've got this campout and class the second weekend of June and I haven't ever spent so many consecutive nights in the hammock before. I need to make sure that this is the shelter option I want to bring.

The weather report looks fine if not a little chilly for the next few nights and my snoring might bother a few of the neighbors but I'm excited at the prospect of sleeping under the tarp and above the ground. It'll also be a good opportunity to shake out my kit to make sure I've got everything I'll need.

Sure, I'll have the safety net of the house not 30 feet away but maybe I'll hang the hammock across the berm and over the water to avoid contact with the local coyotes and raccoons.

Wish me luck,


B

4 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the hammock is not working out whle you are in Michigan, we can put you up in a tipi!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Make sure you use your bug net or spray... Otherwise they might think of you as a SMORGASBORD..

TTFN
me

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Pablo said...

Best of luck. Can I suggest plenty of insulation under the hammock. Setting up over water eh? Hope you got those knots right ;) lol
All the best, Pablo.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Knots?! No knots holding up my hammock. LOL!

I use the Eagle's Nest Slap Straps when I hang.

I won't be over the water per se but more like this guy.

It's looking a little less likely now however as the mossies are EVERYWHERE down there.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home