American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, May 28, 2007

Catching Up

I've hung my Mosquito Hammock today in place of the Eagle's Nest Outfitters Single Nest I've been using. The hammock, tarp, and bug net that I'd relied on just wasn't doing it for me and I remembered that I had the Tom Claytor hammock down in storage and that it had been an interesting piece of kit.

It took some time to get everything hanging as it's not the same setup as I've been using. It does, however, go up very easily and can be under the tarp or under the stars in a flash. I'll do more of a write up on the Mosquito Hammock in the next few days.

I've had a meal or two in the past two days so I'm starting to get back to normal but have lost 17 pounds. Now, that's not really a bad thing but it does say a lot about the value of a little extra "survival muscle."

I received my knife from Matt Lesniewski of ML Knives. Awesome. Expect a write up on this later in the week as well.

It's been a busy three day weekend but I wanted to at least get my thoughts down here before the day was over.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home