American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hmm...NRA Kits

Seems the NRA kits are now shipping with an alternative to the WetFire Tinder I've raved on and on about in the past. I got to go through a box of them last night hand-picking a couple of samples for a project and noticed that a majority of the kits are now shipping with a tinder stamped "Strike Force" which is the name of the Gerber firesteel.

At this point I don't know a thing about the material but it looks similar to the WetFire from a size, shape, and color perspective. Once I get to test some I'll have a much better idea just how it stacks up.

I'll also be putting a call in to the NRA Store this morning to see if they can tell me anything about the change. They're still advertising the kit as containing WetFire Tinder so they may be blissfully unaware of the change.

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home