American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Frustrated

After a weekend of trying I've seen smoke, burned in two hearth boards, gotten tons of dust, and NO embers. Oh yeah, there are the blisters...including a gnarly one on top of the scar from my hand surgery. THAT is a wierd feeling with the hardness of the scar under the puffiness of the new blister.

Obviously using a drill and hearth board of the same wood hasn't worked for me. I've got to go back and reread those articles and some of my primitive skills books to come up with a reason for this failure.

Yes, I chose one of the least consistent and most difficult means of starting a fire but that's what keeps it challenging and interesting. My first batch of charcloth didn't work either.

Tomorrow I'm going looking for some dried weed stalks.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home